The Basic Package contains one copy of each of the following (a total retail value of over $100.00):
• First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond Curriculum Book (G-5880)
• Keeping the Beat (CD-493)
• There’s a Hole in the Bucket (CD-645)
• Had a Little Rooster (CD-646)
• Old Joe Clark (CD-647)
Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students, including:
• Echo Songs, Call-and-Response Songs, Simple Songs, SongTales, Action Songs, Circle Games, Beat Motion Activities, and more.
• Repertoire based only on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow, and for their texts filled with wonder.
• Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
• Full coordination with high-quality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book—perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
• Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
• A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
Advanced research continually points to the importance of music in the lives of young children. You can further their musical growth with First Steps in Music!